Friday, August 5, 2011

A Happy Feeling

to everyone this is a fictional story of love...

PART 1

10:00 am (at a convenience store)

I look at the time and it was 10:00 am, I stood at the counter to wait for that guy who always buys the same items everyday, he walked inside, grabbed a bottle of C2 and a bag of chips, walked across to the counter and paid for the items, but before he would go he would always give a smile before leaving, and it always gave me a happy feeling, that everyday will be a happy day, his smile will light up the whole room, and it will always make my day, it was over a month since I first saw him walk inside the store and since then I always know what time he shows up and what items he usually buy, until one day he bought the same stuff but this time he added something more, a pack of candy Nerds, he paid for it and walked away, he never use a plastic bag, he always grabbed the things he buy and leaves, but then I noticed he left the candy behind, I took it and looked for him, luckily I caught up with him,

"excuse me sir, you left this behind"

he looked back and smiled, and said,

"no, that's not mine"
"but sir, you paid for it, remember?"
"I know, but it's yours"
"no it's not"
"I know, but you like those type of candies right?"
"how did you know that?"
"I need to go, enjoy your candy"

before he left, he smiled again, that sweet smile, he has the sweetest smile I've ever seen.

I went home after my shift ended, I laid on my bed and thought of him, his smile, why does he have to smile everytime?, and why does that smile have to be so sweet?, I took out the candy he left behind, and asked my self how he knew that I like it so much, I placed it on my shelf and told myself I'll leave it there and never eat it, it will be a remembrance of how sweet his smile is and of how sweet that candy is, but after that I haven't seen him in days, and I thought that that was the last time I'll ever see him again,

"hey, best, do you have plans for tonight?"
"no, why?"
"my boyfriend and I are going to this club, do you want to come?"
"sure, where?"
"do you know the club that just recently opened?"
"the one around the corner?"
"yup, just be there at 9, okay?"
"okay, but what's the occasion?"
"nothing, well it's just our anniversary"
"woah, it took you that long with him?"
"what?"
"I'm just kidding okay? congratulations"
"when are you going to get a boyfriend yourself?, how about that Mr. I'm all smiles?, he can be a decent boyfriend, come to think of it, I haven't seen him in quite a while"
"yeah, me too, maybe he has a girlfriend"
"yeah, maybe"

After our shift ended, my best friend Lynn and I went on our way, I took a quick bath and changed, I stopped by a bookstore, and saw a book I really wanted to buy, and then I heard someone speak beside me,

"you like reading too?"

I looked to my right and saw that smile again, it was him beside me speaking,

"yes, you like reading too?"
"yes"

and then he smiled again, and I noticed he was carrying a guitar case,

"you play the guitar?"
"oh this?, it's just a hobby, why do you play too?"
"no, I don't, but I used to have piano and organ lessons when I was a kid"
"wow, so we both like music and reading"
"yeah, I guess so"
"so are you doing anything tonight?"
"why?"
"well, maybe you'd like to see me play"
"really?, you'll let me watch?"
"why so shocked?, of course, why else would I ask you?"
"haha, of course, sorry"
"let's go, my bandmates are waiting"
"but...but..."

I couldn't do anything, he just grabbed my hand and led me to an underground club, the place was so loud and crowded, too many people, he told me to sit there and wait for him, after a while a band started to play, I looked around to see where he was, when I looked up on the stage, there I saw him playing, his voice was amazing, he sang the song like a pro, he looked so good on stage, and then my phone rang,

"hello?"
"hey!, where are you, why is it so loud?"
"ummm...I'm in an underground club"
"what?, you we're supposed to be here 30 minutes ago"
"I know, but someone dragged me here"
"what? are you drunk?, who dragged you there?"
"the guy who smiles a lot"
"what?, really?"
"yes, and you know what he's a lead vocalist in a band"
"Sam, don't make up stories"
"I'm not, I'll prove it to you, I'll get some pictures and videos, okay?"
"fine, just hurry up okay, we're waiting for you"
"fine, okay okay"

I hanged up the phone and took out my digicam and took shots of him, he really look good on stage, he looked like a star singing a song from the heaven's, I felt like my eyes were to bleed from the radiant light coming out of him, after their first set, he came towards me and asked me if I enjoyed the show,

"I did, you look good on stage, I see that you have lots of fans out here"
"yeah"
"ummm...what's your name"
"oh I forgot to introduce myself, my name Keith"
"I'm Sam, ummm Keith, the truth is my best friend's waiting for me at a club near the place I'm working at, and I was supposed to be there an hour ago, but..."
"it's okay, I understand, well I'm sorry if I took you here"
"no it's fine, I enjoyed it, it's more fun being here then there, you see everyone there has a partner, and I'm the only one whose single, haha, how embarrassing to tell you that"
"it's okay, I'm single too, well we still have 2 more sets after this so I can't take you there"
"it's fine, I'm really sorry to leave like this"
"well, I'll see you again right?, same place you work at?"
"oh yeah, at exactly 10 am"
"you know my routine"
"I got used to it, well I have to go, see you tomorrow?"
"yes, I'll see you, take care Sam"

before I left, he gave me a sweet smile, and that's........how we met.

No comments :

Post a Comment