Sunday, October 16, 2011

Bizaare or just interesting??hmmm..

In 2003 (I think..don't remember) I had my first ear piercing, then another one until I had 7, 3 on one ear, 4 on the other, then my curiosity had the best of me and I got my tongue pierced, then last year my right eyebrow, I fancy or just downright in love with body modification that I love seeing pictures of it, wanted to have tattoos on my back but scared that if my daughter needed blood that I couldn't donate any, or have my tongue sliced into two, or have a scarification done on my right hand to hide my scars from my past, but I thought it will just make it worst, hide a scar with a scar? (LOL), so I didn't have anything done, only a couple of piercings.

To some whose not a tattoo or piercing lover, here's a fact to know, the first tattoo was discovered 4,000 B.C. ago, It was only simple dots and lines, it was found tattooed on a man called Otzi, also known as the Iceman in 1991, he has 58 tattoos on him, scientist had a theory that these tattoos were part of medical or spiritual healing process, and for piercing, there are different kinds, with different heritage and backgrounds, nose piercing was discovered in the Middle East about 4,000 years ago, tongue piercing however was used as a practice by the ancient aztecs, Mayas, Kwakiutul and Tlinglit tribes as part of a ritual to draw blood and prepare them for the Gods, and the most common and oldest type of piercing was the Ear Lobe piercing that again was found on Otzi, his ears was stretched 7 to 11 millimeters in diameter, to know more about the history of tattoos and piercing feel free to visit this site.

http://www.east-buc.k12.ia.us/03_04/ala/ew/home.htm

Nowadays more and more body modifications are being introduced, like Scarification cutting or removing the dermis so that the skin will scar (hmmm...), tongue splitting, and subdermal implants, but did you know that this is not only the body modification that we can do or have done to our bodies? there are more, lots more, and her are some of them:

We have Explicit ornaments like, Pearling, also known as genital beading, Neck Ring, rings that are worn to stretch the neck to lower the shoulders this was done in a tribe called the Kayan, they say that doing this will make them beautiful, Scrotal implants, Eyeball Tattooing injection of a pigment into the cornea, Extraocular implants (eyeball jewelry) implanting jewelry in the outer layer of the eye, Surface piercing, piercing the entrance and exit holes through the same flat area of skin, Microdermal implants and Transdermal implants, implanting of an object below the dermis, but which exits the skin at one or more points.

Surgical Augmentation follows procedure which are not exposed but rather to augment another part of the body like the skin, Breast implants, Silicone Injection, and the popular Subdermal Implant, and we have things done like removing or splitting a part of our body, like Nullification, it involves the voluntary removal of body parts, (e.g. penectomy, castration or sometimes people who are diagnosed with body integrity, identity disorder and apotemnophilia), Hair cutting, Hair removal, circumcision, Frenectomy, Genital bisection, Meatotomy, Headsplitting, Nipple removal or splitting, Subincision and more.

We have also long-term Body Modifications as an end result of a practice or an activity, like the famous Corsetry we saw on t.v., which the woman binds her torso and shapes it to make herself beautiful or rather sexy, the foot binding (I saw this on Ripley's Believe it or Not) hehe..and extremely rare practices such as Cranial Binding, the binding of the head of an infant (weird), Breast Ironing (ouch..), Non-Surgical Elongation (like stretching your private part until it is permanent), and the ones that the Amazonian tribes do by inserting a large plate on their stretched lips (hmm..I wonder how they kiss each other?) and others like Branding and even Tooth Filling.

But what strikes me most is what the Japanese have made popular, I just recently saw this and was shocked, is this even cute to you?, or maybe yummy because of it's name, the BAGELHEAD?, but whatever we do to ourselves, we decided it on our own and we must accept the consequences, and thank God this procedure only last for a day, because if I see everyone with this thing on their heads I'll run for my life, LOL, well if you want more you can visit their site just below the picture.




http://artsyspot.com/bagelheads-new-body-modification-trend-from-japan/?utm_source=avalanchers.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=avalanchers

No comments :

Post a Comment